Emergency Planning & Coordination
Emergencies or disasters can happen anywhere, any time or any place. The Town makes sure plans are in place to help with preparedness, response and recovery
Working closely with town departments, provincial and federal agencies, and other key stakeholders, High River Emergency Management plans for and coordinates all emergency services and resources required during a major incident.
For more information, view the Emergency Preparedness webpage.
There are four pillars to Emergency Management: Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery. Town staff work to be sure plans are in place, including:
- Town Emergency Plans - how we monitor, ensure we are prepared, and how we will respond to keep everyone safe
- Recovery Toolkit - after an emergency, steps we take
- Business continuity plans - ways we make sure to provide important services during and after an emergency
An important part of emergency planning is to provide safety tips to residents and businesses for the different types of emergencies that are common in Alberta:
- Power outages
- Severe storms and weather/Cold weather safety tips
More Resources and related links
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency (AEMA)
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Canadian Red Cross
- Rivers Alberta
- Environment Canada
Click the photo to sign up for emergency alert notifications!