30x30Facebook icon 30x30Twitter square 30x30Youtube-logo-02  

Legislative & Administrative Services


What is Legislative Services?

  • Preparation of Council agendas and any other Council Committee and Board agendas.
  • Record and communicate decisions of Council and their boards and committees.
  • Secretary to the Subdivision & Development Appeal Board.
  • Board Clerk to Assessment Review Board.
  • Act as Returning Officer; conduct and report results for municipal and school board elections and plebiscites
  • Act as Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) coordinator, including receiving and administering all FOIP requests.
  • Maintains the care and custody of the Corporate Seal.
  • Manage Council budget and administrative requirements.

What is Administrative Services?

  • Provide custody and maintenance of all bylaws, policies, minutes and corporate records.
  • Responsible for conducting the municipal census.
  • Ensure security systems are in place and operational.
  • Commissioner of Oaths Services.
  • Congratulatory Certificates.
  • Provision of secretarial, itinerary and clerical services for Mayor and Council as well as certain other committee/board members and staff members.
  • Planning and execution of special events for the Town and for Council.
  • Coordination and maintenance of Town Policies.


Town Office

309B MacLeod Trail SW
High River, AB   T1V 1Z5

Phone: 403.652.2110
Fax: 403.652.2396

Bob Snodgrass
Recreation Complex

24hr Info: 403.652.4041
Inquiries: 403.652.4042 

Phone: 403.652.8620
Parent Link Centre

Phone: 403.652.8633

Economic Development

Phone: 403.652.4657
Operations Emergency Numbers
Roads: 403.601.1258
Water & Sewer: 403.652.6353


Bylaw Services
Phone: 403.888.0267
Fire Department
Phone: 403.652.3774
Phone: 403.652.2357
Emergencies: 403.652.2356
Emergency Management
Phone: 403.652.6960