Assessment Inquiries and Appeals – Update
As the Town responds to the COVID-19 Pandemic
we are committed to providing services to our residents.
Although our working conditions are evolving to deal with continuing demands, we remain focussed on day to day work to ensure continuity of services to the community.
Due to restricted access to the town office all scheduled assessment open houses have been cancelled. Assessment inquiries are important to us and remain in place to ensure that all your concerns are addressed within the 60-day customer review period: March 2 through to May 1, 2020. To ensure your inquiry is dealt with promptly please e-mail the Assessment Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Town of High River Customer Service Desk at 403-652-2110.
Procedure for Appeal During the 60 Day Inquiry Period
The appeal deadline of May 1, 2020 and appeal fees as shown below remain the same. The steps below must be followed to appeal your assessment:
- Obtain a Provincially approved Complaint Form obtained from the Town of High River website
- Ensure your complaint form is accompanied with the appropriate fee at the time of submission:
- Residential (3 or fewer dwellings): $50.00
- Residential (4 or more dwellings): $650.00
- Non-Residential / Linear: $650.00
- Drop off or mail the completed Complaint Form with the appropriate appeal fee to the Town Office Drop Box.
- Assessment Review Board Appeals can also be e-mailed to email@example.com and payments for appeals can be made by calling reception at 403-652-2110. Any questions regarding the appeal process can be directed to Kara Rusk using the above email.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CustomerService Desk at 403-652-2110.
Visit the Assessment Page for additional links and information HERE