George Lane Memorial Park and Campground
Named after George Lane, owner of the historic Bar U Ranch and a founder of the Calgary Stampede, this highly-rated campground is a favourite summer getaway for visitors and residents! Book your spot today!
Geroge Lane Memorial Park
Heavily treed, George Lane Park features a baseball diamond, events stage, horseshoe pits, a playground and community picnic areas.
Named after George Lane, one of the founders of the Calgary Stampede and a resident of High River, this park is a jewel in the crown, located adjacent to downtown!
Enjoy the beautifully treed roads and pathways that lead to picnic areas, playgrounds and even a stage and gazebo for special events and music throughout the summer months.
To book the Gazebo for events, please contact us by phone at 403-652-4042.
- Grab a coffee or a bite to eat at a nearby local eatery and bring it to the park with your favourite book during the warm summer days. In the winter, grab your skates to enjoy the outdoor rink under the lights!
- Don’t miss the annual light display every Christmas when George Lane Park turns into a winter wonderland for kids of all ages, adding to High River’s traditional Christmas displays that draw visitors from around the world!
- Be sure to check out our Top 20 Things to Do in High River and follow the Town on social media to learn about ongoing events and activities in this wonderful natural area in the heart of High River.
George Lane Campground
The George Lane Park Campground was awarded Campground of the Year by the Southwest Service and Tourism group in October 2017
The campground is open from May 4 to September 30 and is run by the Lions Club. For more information or to book a spot in the campground, contact the Lions Club at 403-652-2529 or firstname.lastname@example.org (all messages are returned in the Spring).
To reserve the public fire pits or the public bandstand, please refer to the contact information provided above. The Lions Club's dedicated staff members are happy to assist you in securing your booking.
The washrooms in George Lane Park are seasonal facilities that are open during the same dates as the campground.
- Visit the Lions website to learn more about the campground
- Campground Map (courtesy of the Lions Website)
Special Events Bookings
To book a special event in George Lane Memorial Park, contact the Town’s Special Event Coordinator at 403-603-3555 or email email@example.com.
We're here to help, contact us!
228 - 12 Ave SE High River, Alberta
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
COVID-19 InformationReport a Concern Sign Up for Parks and Rec Newsletter
Frequently Requested and Environmental BylawsSign Up for Play Parks and Rec Day Camp Updates!
Little Bow Park and Group Site
The Little Bow Park and Group Site are both located behind the Bob Snodgrass Recreation Complex and offer space for a variety of fun activities.
Rec Facilities, Activity Schedules, and Rates
Discover a range of recreational facilities in our community, including the popular Bob Snodgrass Recreation Complex. Enjoy aquatics, ice sports, a fieldhouse, and curling. Stay updated with schedules, transparent admissions, and membership options.
Come and explore parks and greenspaces within the Town of High River’s unique setting along the Highwood River!
Playgrounds & Campgrounds
High River is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, offering an array of parks, campgrounds, and playgrounds that cater to various interests and age groups. Families and visitors can enjoy a variety of playgrounds specifically designed to provide endless fun and entertainment for kids, adults and even our K9 counterparts.