George Lane Memorial Park
The jewel in High River’s crown, it’s hard to believe George Lane Memorial Park is next to High River’s beautiful downtown.
Heavily treed, George Lane Park features a baseball diamond, events stage, horseshoe pits, a playground and community picnic areas.
Named for George Lane, one of the founders of the Calgary Stampede and a resident of High River, this park is a jewel in the crown, located adjacent to downtown!
- Enjoy the beautifully treed roads and pathways that lead to picnic areas, playgrounds and even a stage and gazebo for special events and music throughout the summer months.
- Grab a coffee or a bite to eat at a nearby local eatery and bring it to the park with your favourite book during the warm summer days. In the winter, grab your skates to enjoy the outdoor rink under the lights!
- Don’t miss the annual light display every Christmas when George Lane Park turns into a winter wonderland for kids of all ages, adding to High River’s traditional Christmas displays that draw visitors from around the world!
- Be sure to check out our Top 20 Things to Do in High River and follow the Town on social media to learn about ongoing events and activities in this wonderful natural area in the heart of High River.
- This Town park also includes a campground that is run by the Lions Club. View the George Lane Memorial Park map for more information.
Visit our George Lane Memorial Park and Campground page for information on camping at George Lane Park.
We're here to help, contact us!
228 - 12 Ave SE High River, Alberta
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
COVID-19 InformationReport a Concern Sign Up for Parks and Rec Newsletter
Frequently Requested and Environmental BylawsSign Up for Play Parks and Rec Day Camp Updates!