Playgrounds for Dogs
If your pup is looking for a place to burn off some energy, check out the two local off leash parks!
Off Leash Dog Parks
Our community off-leash dog parks are for everyone to enjoy!
The Town of High River has two off-leash dog parks:
- South of 8 Avenue S.E. and 2 Street S.E., near Little Bow Park
- East of 5 Street S.E. behind the Canadian Tire/Mark’s Work Warehouse shopping centre.
Before vising these parks, please consider if your dog’s age, health and behaviour are appropriate for interacting with other dogs and their owners at the park. And, while we do love all other pets, we ask that people only bring their K9 companions to the park.
While at the park we want everyone to have an enjoyable experience. In order to do so, we ask that everyone:
- Keep your dog on a leash while walking to the park
- Ensure that your dog is under your control at all times
- Keep the parks clean by picking up after your dog
- Do not allow your dog to be aggressive towards people, other dogs, or cause damage to the property
- Always be ready with a leash, in case your dog is having a bad day
- Keep your dog on a leash when not in the off-leash area
We're here to help, contact us!
228 - 12 Ave SE High River, Alberta
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
COVID-19 InformationReport a Concern Sign Up for Parks and Rec Newsletter
Frequently Requested and Environmental BylawsSign Up for Play Parks and Rec Day Camp Updates!