Air Quality Monitoring in High River
Through a one-year partnership, Air Quality Monitoring will be carried out in High River from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023 and will bring a variety of benefits to High River.
The Calgary Region Airshed Zone (CRAZ) and Town of High River announce a partnership in concert with Alberta Environment and Protected Areas to bring air quality monitoring to High River.
For one year, funding is provided to deploy a portable monitoring station (PAML) in High River:
- The station will gather high quality data to produce a snapshot of air quality and an air quality health index (AQHI) for this area.
- CRAZ objectives are to monitor air quality in the areas that have little or no previous monitoring, supporting a long-term strategy for ambient air quality monitoring.
- Read the CRAZ FAQ here (PDF) or find more information in the accordions below.
Where to find monitoring data:
- Monitoring and real-time data can be found on the craz.ca website www.craz.ca/monitoring
Watch this page for updates, including local events next spring:
- CRAZ hosted community open house
- Air quality presentations throughout the community
High River places high value on the local environment and natural capital and is pleased to provide support and cooperation with this initiative:
- Town Facilities Management staff with Public Works assisted with the set-up required for the PAML.
- Staff will also assist with the trailer’s maintenance over the coming year.
- An assessment of several areas was undertaken to provide a suitable location for the trailer. Criteria included no obstructions such as tall trees or buildings that could impact monitoring.
We're here to help, contact us!
640 7 Street N.W. High River, Alberta
Public Works Office: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Recycling hours Monday & Friday, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Tuesday to Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Closed on statutory holidays)
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
Frequently Requested BylawsReport a Concern