Bylaw Services Fast Facts
Being a Good Neighbour isn't just a bylaw - it is a way of life in High River!
Dog Owner Fast Facts
- All pets within the Town must be registered and licensed.
- Dogs must always be leashed while on public property unless at a marked off-leash dog park.
- You must pick up your pet's waste on public property - it is the law! If you don't, you may find yourself with a fine.
Home Owner Fast Facts
- The height of grass and weeds in your yard must not exceed 15 centimeters.
- Residents are responsible for removing snow and ice on sidewalks adjacent to their property within 24 hours after a snowfall.
- Be mindful of the noise you and your pets make.
Parking Fast Facts
Incorrect parking can leave you with a ticket. To avoid that, do not park...
- where “no parking” or “street maintenance" signs are visible
- within ten metres of an intersection, stop sign, yield sign, or crosswalk
- within five metres of any fire hydrant
- within a fire zone
- on a sidewalk, boulevard, or bridge
- within one and one-half metres of access to a garage or driveway
- without moving a vehicle parked on-street for over 48 hours
Smoking Fact Facts
- Smoking tobacco is not permitted within 5 metres of any public entrance or exit.
- Smoking cannabis is not permitted in any public space.
Vehicles on Town public property
Operation of off-highway vehicles is prohibited on public property in Town.
Operation of prohibited miniature vehicles is prohibited on public property in Town.