Bylaw Services Fast Facts
Being a Good Neighbour isn't just a bylaw - it is a way of life in High River!
In January 2022, the new High River Bylaw Services model is in effect. The Town's Bylaw Services Team will focus on proactive community enforcement and increased public engagement and education. We look forward to working with you.
The role of Bylaw Services is to enhance public safety, contributing to a high quality of life in High River. The Town's Bylaw Services team works out of the High River Fire department building. Please see the new 24/7 Bylaw Complaints Phoneline and General Administration numbers in the sidebar to the right. Residents are also encouraged to use the online Report a Concern form.
Bylaw Services Fast Facts
Dog Owner Fast Facts
- All pets within the Town must be registered and licensed.
- Dogs must always be leashed while on public property unless at a marked off-leash dog park.
- You must pick up your pet's waste on public property - it is the law! If you don't, you may find yourself with a fine.
Home Owner Fast Facts
- The height of grass and weeds in your yard must not exceed 15 centimeters.
- Residents are responsible for removing snow and ice on sidewalks adjacent to their property within 24 hours after a snowfall.
- Be mindful of the noise you and your pets make.
Parking Fast Facts
Incorrect parking can leave you with a ticket. To avoid that, do not park...
- where “no parking” or “street maintenance" signs are visible
- within ten metres of an intersection, stop sign, yield sign, or crosswalk
- within five metres of any fire hydrant
- within a fire zone
- on a sidewalk, boulevard, or bridge
- within one and one-half metres of access to a garage or driveway
- without moving a vehicle parked on-street for over 48 hours
Smoking Fact Facts
- Smoking tobacco is not permitted within 5 metres of any public entrance or exit.
- Smoking cannabis is not permitted in any public space.
Vehicles on Town public property
Operation of off-highway vehicles is prohibited on public property in Town.
Operation of prohibited miniature vehicles is prohibited on public property in Town.
We're here to help, contact us!
Fire Hall 1010 5th St SE High River, Alberta
Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Fire Department: 403-652-3774
Bylaw Complaint Phoneline: 403-603-3643
General Inquiries and Administration: 403-603-3644Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
Contact the Fire Inspector - Stewart Corbett
403-336-5903Report a Concern Emergency Management Services Bylaw Services High River Fire & Protective Services