Assessment Review Board
Established for the purpose of hearing complaints against assessments as have been received by the Clerk of the Assessment Review Board.
The Assessment Review Board was established for the purpose of hearing complaints against assessments as have been received by the Clerk of the Assessment Review Board.
Board members are duly appointed by the Councils of municipalities, of which the Town of High River is one, participating in a joint regional assessment review board agreement.
In order to submit an appeal, the complainant must:
- First have spoken with an assessor to attempt to resolve the issue
- Complete the Assessment Review Complaint Form in full accompanied by the application fee as per the current Rate Bylaw
- Submit the Assessment Review Complaint Form to the Assessment Review Board Clerk
- Assessment Review Board – Complaint Form
- Assessment Review Board – Agent Authorization Form
- Withdrawal of Complaint Form
Read more about Assessment Complaints and Appeals on the Alberta Municipal Affairs website.
Contact Legislative Services with completed forms. The Legislative Services team can also follow up with you if you are interested in becoming a board member.