Read on to learn about home safety tips.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, boiling or broiling food
- Never leave your cooking unattended
- Keep young children and pets away from the stove
- Examine toasters, coffee makers and other cooking devices for signs of cracking, fraying or wear on cords and plugs
- Always check and make sure that all burners, ovens and small appliances are turned off before leaving the house or going to bed
- Unplug kettles and other appliances when not in use.
- Keep anything that can catch fire – curtains, towels, oven mitts, wooden utensils, away from the stove
Home Escape Plans
- Make a home escape plan. Draw a map of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the plan with everyone in your home
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily
We're here to help, contact us!
Fire Hall 1010 5th St SE High River, Alberta
Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
403-652-3774Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
Contact the Fire Inspector - Stewart Corbett
403-336-5903Report a Concern