Fire Ban System
Read on to learn about our fire ban system and the current status for High River.
There are currently no restrictions in effect for High River
Learn more about Alberta Fire Bans.
Safe campfires in approved Fire Pits are allowed in campgrounds and backyards. Fire permits are required for all open burning inside town limits, except campfires.
The fire hazard rating has increased. Fire permits may be restricted. Safe campfires are allowed in campgrounds and backyards, but this level is a warning they may be restricted if the situation does not improve.
- Safe residential fire pits and safe campfires in campgrounds that are compliant with Fire Protection Bylaw 4583-2020 are allowed.
- Gas or propane stoves/barbecues and portable propane fire pits are allowed when used according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Charcoal briquette and solid fuel barbecues are allowed when used according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- No new fire permits will be issued from the date of the Fire Restriction.
- No firework permits will be issued from the date of the Fire Restriction.
- Torches and lanterns with open flames are prohibited.
- All other burnings including burning barrels in the newly annexed areas of High River is prohibited.
- Fire restrictions may be upgraded to complete fire bans at any time without notice. It is the responsibility of residents and visitors to be aware of recreational fire regulations per the Fire Protection Bylaw 4583-2020
No campfires (or other open fires and burning barrels) are allowed in campgrounds or backyards. This includes charcoal briquettes and outdoor torches of any kind. Gas or propane stoves/barbeques and portable propane fire pits are allowed. All fire permits are suspended or cancelled, and no new fire permits will be issued.
We're here to help, contact us!
Fire Hall 1010 5th St SE High River, Alberta
Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Fire Department: 403-652-3774
Bylaw Complaint Phoneline: 403-603-3643
General Inquiries and Administration: 403-603-3644Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
Contact the Fire Inspector - Stewart Corbett
403-336-5903Report a Concern Emergency Management Services Bylaw Services High River Fire & Protective Services