You're invited to Coffee with Council on September 6
Drop by for a coffee and donuts on us!
- September 6, 10-11:30 a.m. at the High River Library.
- Visit the High River Library and chat with Mayor and Councillors.
- Bring your concerns or any questions you have.
- Find out what's up with the Town Plan and other initiatives.
Planning is Underway for the Next Phase of Town Plan Community Engagement
The first phase of community engagement focused on a new Town Plan has been a great success! Planning is underway to reach out to the community and look deeper into the many ideas and suggestions received. In the past two months, residents have enthusiastically provided ideas and suggestions, contributing to the development of a new plan that will guide High River’s future, with a vision for how our community will grow over the next twenty years.
Town Plan Update and Neighbourhood Pop-Ups
The first phase of official community engagement for the Town Plan will run from May 9 – 20. Thank you to those who took part in drop-in sessions at the beginning of April and those who continue to provide additional comments online; feedback from residents is crucial to the town-planning process.
Imagine High River 2042! Share and Learn About Our Town Plan April 5-9
The Town Plan Project is about to begin, and we are excited to hear from you and share how you can get involved! Everyone is invited to drop in at locations around the community this week to chat about High River’s future. We’re asking you – What should High River look like in 2042?
High River's Roadmap to 2042 - Town Plan Project Moving Forward
- Council has officially selected McElhanney Ltd. to help rewrite the Town Plan. The Town Plan is avital guidance document required under the Municipal Government Act. The Town Plan will serve as a Roadmap, guiding future growth and development for the next 20 years. The plan will define how our town will look in the future.
- The Town continues to recruit for the Town Plan Task Force and will select two more volunteers from our community. One of the volunteers will be a young person between the ages of 14 –19who will also join the High River Youth Advisory Committee. This is an excellent opportunity for those with background and interest in planning to contribute to the long-term view and vision for High River.
- If you are interested in joining this important Task Force, you are welcome to contact Planning and Development with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch this web page and follow the Town's social media channels for more updates.
March 8 Council Report
- January 24 Committee of the Whole - Town Plan Task Force
- High River is a growing and changing community. We want your ideas on how and where to grow! The Town is embarking on an update to our Town Plan, the key document that guides long-term growth and development of High River. It is important that an updated Town Plan embraces our community’s charm while ensuring we remain progressive.