Annual street sweeping helps to keep our community clean and safe for pedestrians, motorists and cyclists
Street sweeping clears out the winter sanding chips, storm drains, leaves and road debris and reduces dust on the roads.
Street sweeping helps to keep our community clean and safe for pedestrians, motorists and cyclists. It also helps to reduce health concerns caused by dust issues for residents as well as minimizes the amount of sedimentation entering the storm water system.
Street sweeping occurs every spring from April to June, once the snow is gone and roads are dry. It will be suspended during rain or spring snowstorms, resuming when roads are dry.
- Gravel is cleaned by a Trommel machine and added to road salt to create the pickle mix used to sand roads during the winter
- Signs are posted on neighbourhood streets 24 hours before sweeping begins
- Please do not park on streets during this time
- Remove driving ramps or other obstacles
- Move garbage carts onto the sidewalk or grass next to the curb if your street is scheduled for sweeping on collection day
- If any debris was missed, crews will circle back to clean that portion of the road at a later date
When driving behind or walking near a sweeper, please keep a safe distance away. Stones and other flying debris can be hazardous. Please also use caution when passing as the area tends to be dusty which can restrict visibility.