Legislative Services supports Administration and Council, coordinating Council meetings, opportunities for public participation and compliance with Alberta's Municipal Government Act.
High River's Legislative Services Team has a thorough working knowledge of the legislative, legal, and corporate responsibilities in Alberta local government legislation.
Legislative Services are provided to Administration, Council and the Community in the following areas:
- Arrange support to Council, Boards and Committees
- Facilitate Council meetings, agendas and minutes including live broadcasts of Council meetings
- Ensure opportunities for public participation through public hearings and public notices
- Facilitate community engagement and outreach on behalf of Council and Administration
- Oversee the municipal elections process
- Assist with the development of bylaws, policies and procedures
- Ensure Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act compliance
- Coordinate community recognition and requests for Mayor and Council participation or support
- Keeping residents informed through Public Notices and Notice of Bylaws
You can view all of the Town of High River's Bylaws, Policies and Procedures. In addition, you can view our 2019 Municipal Census Information.
How do I make a FOIP request?
If you would like to make a FOIP request, visit our Citizen Engagement website.
For information about, or to inquire how to submit a Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Request, contact Legislative Services.