COVID-19 Provincial Announcement Update from May 4, 2021
May 10, 2021
HIGH RIVER – The Town of High River has reviewed the Provincial announcement on May 4 regarding expanded restrictions to reduce the rising spread of COVID-19 across Alberta. New province-wide restrictions come into effect at the end of the day on Sunday, May 9, 2021. You can read about the stronger measures to ‘Stop the Spike’ HERE.
A summary of the additional province wide restrictions are as follows:
- All indoor recreation is paused.
- All outdoor structured recreation is paused.
- Municipal outdoor – skate parks, playgrounds, splash pads, court sports can remain open.
- Distancing and masking when required.
- Maintain clustering within your own household.
- If you live alone, limited to your two close contacts.
- Date for closures will be continually reassessed by the government, updates will be provided as information is received.
Operations and programming at the Bob Snodgrass Recreation Complex will no longer be available as of Sunday, May 9, 2021. We understand there are many questions, and we recognize there will be some disappointment in the short term while these measures are in place. All municipalities must support and promote compliance with Provincial guidelines to support the safety and health of our staff, contractors, and residents.
Until further notice these restrictions will remain in place. Please note these can change quickly with new information, and we will keep the community informed.
Registered Participants and User Groups:
- Continue attending your scheduled program until end of day Sunday, May 9, 2021
- Affected program participants will be contacted.
- Refunds will be provided for cancelled programs.
Be sure to follow us on social media where we will share information as it becomes available.
For more information:
Town of High River