An outdoor fire set for the purposes of cooking or obtaining warmth is permitted within Town limits if it is:
a) Contained in a pit with a non-combustible bottom
– the fire pit has a ring of cement or steel that is a minimum of 30cm high
– the fire pit is located at least three (3) meters from any structure
– covered with a 3mm wire mesh
b) The fire and fire pit are clear from flammable fuels, including but not limited to:
– grass, trees and bushes
c) There are no obstructions or flammable fuels for:
– at least one and one-half (1.5) meters horizontally and from the edge of the rim and;
– two and one-half (2.5) meters vertically from the edge of the rim.
Without the above conditions being met there is no authority to have an outdoor cooking or warming fire.
Click the image to enlarge