High Country Drive Landscaping and Paving Update
Monday, August 17, 2020
HIGH RIVER, AB: There will be intermittent lane closures on High Country Drive between Centre Street and 7th Street NW over the next two weeks. At least one lane will remain open for traffic on High Country Drive.
Crews will be finishing up landscaping work and planting replacement trees. They will also be re-installing the guardrail which was removed as part of the sanitary line decommissioning project.
- The section of High Country Drive that was recently repaved after the installation of the gravity sanitary line from Eagleview was intentionally left low
- Because of the depth of the excavation and the water that was encountered, some settlement of the road can be expected
- Typically, for a project such as this, the road is left lower to settle over a freeze thaw cycle before it is overlaid with the final lift of pavement
- In 2021, the repaved section of road will receive a final layer of pavement that will match the section of road that was not disturbed
- This is a common and proven method to obtain the best quality road surface as a result of an underground project
Residents are asked to follow the directional signs and slow down when passing work crews and equipment.