Play Parks & Rec Information
Do your kids need something during vacations or in the summertime? Let us fill their weeks with fun day camps that include fun indoor or outdoor activities such as sports, swimming, games, crafts and more!
A waiver and consent package must be filled out for each child prior to camp starting.
Our Daycamp Staff
All staff have First Aid Training, High Five certifications and are Physically Literate trained and are prepared in the event of an emergency.
What to bring
- Hat, swim suit, towel and change of clothes.
- Lunch and two snacks (nut free). Please note there is no microwave available.
- Closed-toe running shoes.
- Refillable water bottle.
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Please label ALL items with your child’s name
- Always dress for the weather as we try to include time outside (weather permitting).
What not to bring
- Please leave all handheld video games, electronics, iPods, or other valuables at home! We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Sign-In and Sign-Out
Parents are required to sign their child in and out daily. Children may sign themselves out after the first day of the week, if authorized on the registration form.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Drop-off is between 7:30 – 9 a.m.
- Pick-up is between 4 – 5:30 p.m.
We make every effort to accommodate children with allergies, but cannot guarantee an allergen free environment. Due to severe allergies please do not send any nuts in your child’s lunch including peanuts and tree nuts. If your child has food allergies please call 403-603-3507 prior to registering.
Minimum numbers required
All daycamps and activity options are subject to minimum and maximum numbers. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
If you withdraw from a daycamp more than one week before the start date, a $20 administration fee will be applied to your refund or credit. Refunds and credits are not permitted if the withdrawal occurs within one week of the first day of the camp, except for medical reasons. A doctor’s note is required. Refunds are effective from the date of the medical note and must be submitted within a week.
In the event that a participant is unable to attend a class, no make-up class(es) or credit will be offered.
Transfers requests from one program to another are permitted during the same session is space is available. If transfer results in a difference in fee— arrangements will be made at the time of transfer.
Play Pop-Ups Locations
July 26: Little Bow (Outside Rec Plex)
(Pop in and play at a fun obstacle course set up by our Play Ambassadors)
August 2: George Lane
August 9: Water tower Hill
August 16: Birchwood
August 23: Spitzee Park
August 30: George Lane
Waiver & Assumption of Risk
All users of Town of High River (“Town”) recreation facilities (“Facilities”) and participants in Town recreation programs (“Programs”) acknowledge and agree that the use of Facilities or participation in Programs are governed by the Informed Consent, Waiver, and Indemnity posted on the Town’s website (the “Terms”), which require, among other things, that all users:
- Assume all risk and dangers of personal injury and all other hazards arising in any way from the use of Faculties or participation in Programs, irrespective of how that injury occurred or whether the injury was caused by the actions or inactions of the employees at the Town;
- Acknowledge and represent that they are physically fit enough to participate in strenuous physical activity;
- Agree to the Terms as agent for children or minors that they accompany to Facilities or register for Programs, and indemnify the Town for any injuries suffered by those children and minors arising from the use of Facilities or participating in Programs; and
- Agree to be solely responsible, and indemnify the Town, for any injuries or loss caused by them or their children and minors that they accompany to Facilities or register for Programs while participating in Programs or using Facilities.