Thank you for visiting the Town of High River website.
We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of all our visitors, and any information collected from you via this website will only be used by the Town of High River (the “Town“) to assist us in creating a better website to meet your needs. This Privacy Statement summarizes the privacy practices of the Town in connection with this website and all related information systems and applications operated by or under the control of the Town.
As a local public body, the Town is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Alberta) (FOIP).
Personal information is defined as any information that identifies you as an individual. The Town will not automatically gather any personal information from you, unless it is supplied voluntarily to the Town by contacting us via e-mail, or by registering in a secure portion of www.highriver.ca (the “Site“). When you provide any personal information to the Town, you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected, and of the right you have to access this information at any time. Any personal information you provide to us via the Site will be collected, used and disclosed by the Town in accordance with FOIP.
Any personal information you submit through an information or service request, or via a Town feedback form, is used by the Town for the sole purpose of responding to your information or service request. This information is not disclosed except to authorized personnel of the Town for the purpose of addressing your feedback and providing you with a response to your request. Any personal information you submit to the Town is secured once it reaches our server, however, the Town cannot guarantee the security of your personal information while in transit to our server.
Please note that public input or feedback in the form of letters, emails, etc. may become a public record, such as via publishing in a Town Council Agenda Package that is also posted on the Site for public viewing.
In addition, when you visit the Site, our web server automatically collects a limited amount of information from you that is required for the operation and evaluation of the Site. This information includes:
- the page from which you arrived,
- the date and time of your page request,
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address your computer is using to receive information,
- the type and version of your browser, and
- the name and size of the file you requested.
This information may used by the Town for the purpose of assessing and managing its information services.
Your computer uses a unique label or identifier called an IP address when browsing the Internet. The Town may collect IP addresses of computers visiting the Site in order to monitor any security breach that may occur via the Site. The Town does not use this information to identify users or their usage patterns unless unauthorized use of the Site is detected, or this is required for a law enforcement investigation.
- The Town either owns all material on the Site, and all of the intellectual property rights (including copyright) therein, including without limitation all of the underlying HTML code, text, graphics, images, multimedia clips, icons and other content and the selection and compilation thereof (the “Content”) that is made available on the Site, or has obtained the express written permission of the owner of the intellectual property to use the Content on the Site.
- The Town grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access, view and display on your computer, and print and use all Content made available to you on the Site for personal, non-commercial use.
- The Town does not warrant or represent that your use of the Content displayed on or obtained through the Site will not infringe the rights, including without limitation the intellectual property rights, of third parties.
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of the Site by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of etiquette or any other similar careless, malicious or negligent act or conduct.
- You agree that you will not modify the content of the Site.
- You agree that you will indemnify the Town for all losses or claims resulting from the Submissions or material you post or submit.
- The Site Content, products, programs and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Town cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site. You agree that your use of the Site, the services, any downloading from the Site and any posting of Submissions or other materials, shall be at your sole discretion and risk. In particular, the Town makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, or currency of any Content on the Site nor does it represent or warrant that any element of the Site is free from any computer virus or other malicious programming, is non-infringing of any third party’s rights (including any intellectual property rights), is free from any errors, defects or service interruptions, or is secure. You are responsible for implementing sufficient safe guards and procedures to satisfy your requirements for the security and safety of your systems. By accessing the Site, you assume total responsible and risk for the use of its Content.
- The Town reserves the right to monitor your use of the Site and the Content, including where Site traffic originated from, its subsequent destination, as well as history of use of the Site and pages within the larger Site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws of Alberta with respect to your use of the Site.
The Town does not endorse any products or services that may be referred to on or linked to by the Site.