Recycling during the holidays – what goes where?
December 23, 2020
High River – Are you wondering how to recycle your packaging, wrapping and trees this year? We’ve got you covered! Here are some tips and tricks for how to recycle during and after the holidays.
Christmas items accepted for recycling
- Christmas wrapping paper (glossy or matte but NOT foil) and tissue can go into the mixed paper bin
- Please remove all ribbons, bows, string and as much tape as possible before placing it in the bin
- Christmas trees can once again be dropped off during open hours – please remove all decorations and lighting
Not accepted for recycling – please dispose of in garbage bins or bring to the landfill
- Christmas lights and pre-lit Christmas trees are not accepted for recycling
- Foil wrapping paper, ribbons and bows are not accepted for recycling
Please note the Recycling Centre will be closed from Thursday, December 24 – Saturday, December 26, reopening on Sunday, December 27 with regular hours (Sunday – Saturday, 8 am – 5 pm)
To learn more about recycling or holiday garbage pick-up, visit us here.
For more information, please contact:
|Town of High River
|Town of High River Operations