High River Celebrates Resilient Seniors During 2021 Seniors Week
High River – Seniors Week is almost here – and we can’t wait to celebrate! The Town of High River is excited to host daily events from June 7-13, 2021 to recognize the importance seniors have in our community. This year, our theme is #GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough, paying tribute to the struggles that seniors have gone and GROWN through this year. Our community is resilient and so are our seniors!
Check out the list of events happening for Seniors Week:
- All Week – Nominate a senior! Nominations will be open until 4 pm on Thursday, June 10th for seniors that may not be able to participate in our other daily activities. Nominations can be made by calling 403-652-8620. The draw will be made on Friday, June 11.
- Monday, June 7 – FCSS will be sending bouquets of flowers to the Manor, Seasons and the Hospital
- Tuesday, June 8 – Free Coffee at Colossi’s (First 50) and Tim Horton’s (First 30 at each location)
- Seniors over the age of 65 can head to either Tim Horton’s or Colossi’s for a free coffee
- Wednesday, June 9 – Seniors can visit Dairy Queen (First 50) or the Hitching Post (First 50) for free ice cream.
- Thursday, June 10 – Drive thru at George Lane Park, 1-3 pm
- We invite seniors to join us at George Lane Park for a drive thru between 1-3 pm. The drive thru will feature fun stations throughout for seniors to experience from the comfort of their vehicle. You might even see a few friendly faces from Council!
- Friday, June 11 – Nominate a Senior draw
Transportation to activities will be provided Tuesday, June 8, Wednesday, June 9 and Thursday, June 10 for High River seniors. To register for a ride, please contact FCSS 24 hours prior to the activity at 403-652-8620.
A special thank you to Dairy Queen, Tim Horton’s, Colossi’s, the Hitching Post, McDonalds, High River Handi-Bus and Beautiful Blooms for their contributions and donations for our Seniors Week activities.
The Town is encouraging all local businesses to take part by finding unique ways to recognize seniors this week. Post pictures, tag the Town of High River and use the hashtag #GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough! In your post, feel free to challenge other local businesses to participate as well!
For more information, please contact:
Family and Community Support Services