Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPPs)

Home / Accounting and Finance / Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPPs)

What is the TIPP program?

The Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) allows you to pay your property taxes in equal monthly installments instead of a single annual payment.  Taxpayers may apply if their tax & utility accounts are up to date.  Payment is automatically transferred from your bank account on the 15th of each month.  The Town of High River does not charge for this service but normal bank charges may apply.

How are the payments calculated?

Payments start in January of the current year and run through to December with the first payment beginning January 15.  The payments for the first six months are based on 1/12 of your previous years assessment as an estimate.  The current years taxes are mailed in May and if there is an increase or decrease in your taxes from the previous year the remaining six months of payments will be recalculated to reflect your current tax levy.

What if I want to start on the TIPP program in the middle of the year?

You may enroll in the program anytime throughout the year by making all catch up payments from January to the current month plus any outstanding penalties or arrears.

What if I want to change my banking information?

A change of banking information must be received by the 10th of the month in which you would like the change to occur.

What if I know I do not have the funds in the account for a payment?

Payments must be cancelled by the 10th of the current month to ensure the payment is stopped.  NSF payments will be charged a $30 fee.

The town may remove a taxpayer from TIPP in the event:

The taxpayer fails to make up defaulted payment before the next installment payment is due

What if I sell my property?

If you sell your property you must inform the town by the 10th of the month in which you would like to cancel your payment.  You solicitor should request a tax certificate from the Town of High River with the most recent tax levy and the amount of installments made to date in the current year.

Do I need to apply each year?

Homeowners on the plan do not need to re-apply, but must inform the Town of High River when they wish to end the program.

Ownership & Name Changes

All ownership and name updates to High River’s tax roll are based solely on information provided by Alberta Land Titles. If you want to change the name on your account, contact Alberta Land Titles online or at 403-297-6511.

Tax Certificates

The Town of High River offers immediate delivery of tax certificates or searches through our eServices.  They can be ordered with a valid credit card or a pre-paid account.

Online tax certificate is $25, Office issued tax certificate is $50. Credit Cards accepted.

Please ensure your popup blocker has been disabled. View instructions about how to search for Tax Certificates