Town Hall and Operations Facilities Re-Opening
Residents asked to observe AHS safety protocols as these facilities officially re-open
HIGH RIVER AB – The joint administrative building on Macleod Trail or ‘Town Hall’ officially re-opens to the public on September 8, 2020. Preventing the spread of COVID-19 continues to be important, but so is serving our residents and customers. Customer service has continued using technology, emails and by phone over the past months. We look forward to welcoming you back in person!
Residents, visitors and customers to all Town facilities will notice new rules in place. These rules follow Alberta Health Services (AHS) guidelines. They are to ensure the safety of all Town Hall visitors and our staff.
The Town’s Operations Facility will officially re-open on September 14. For anyone visiting Operations staff in person, rules in that facility will follow the same guidelines noted below.
All visitors entering Town Hall must follow new rules in place to meet Alberta Health Services (AHS) guidelines. To reduce the number of people in the main lobby, please continue to use the drop box at the Town Hall entrance and call or email if a visit is not required:
- Read and follow the new signs on the Town Hall front doors
- Come in through the ‘entrance’ door
- Exit through the properly marked ‘exit’ door
- If you are experiencing any AHS identified COVID-19 symptoms do not enter. Please call or email instead
- Follow the arrows on the stairs in the main entrance to make sure traffic flow enables proper physical distancing
- Observe floor decals in place to ensure proper physical distance of two meters while waiting in line or standing at customer service counters
- Remain behind plexiglass shields at customer service counters in the main lobby
- Use the hand sanitizer stations installed in public areas
If you need to meet with a staff member in person at Town Hall please call ahead to schedule a meeting. Special meeting rooms are in place for your visit or staff may sit with you in the main lobby. If the required physical distance of two meters can’t be met between staff and customers, masks are mandatory. Please bring your own mask in the event you need to sit closer or may require closer proximity with staff for activities such as reviewing maps or documents. Customer Service will have a supply of masks on hand as well.
The Bob Snodgrass Recreation Complex will re-open in phases beginning September 21. We know everyone looks forward to this re-opening and thank you for your understanding as we open it in a way that ensures the safety of staff and residents. We are also working with AHS who continue to use the facility for COVID-19 drive-through testing. To see the timetable and learn more, read the August 27 public service announcement and watch for more details on the phased re-opening plan.
Other Town Facilities:
- Family Community Support Services (FCSS) and the Family Centre continue to provide service by appointment only. Visit the Town web page for more information and watch for future updates.
- The Fire Hall is being renovated and will continue to be closed to the public while construction is ongoing. Watch for updates on the Fire Hall’s renovations.
- The local RCMP detachment opened to the public earlier this summer.
Thank you for your continued diligence and collaboration during these changing times. Important Town projects have continued throughout the summer and will continue as we work to serve the High River community and focus on continued improvements to provide safe and sound infrastructure and the high quality of life we all enjoy.
For more information:
Town of High River
- Call Customer Service @ 403-652-2110.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.