2-1-1: Please call for specific information.
Alberta Works: To apply please call 1-877-644-9992 or apply online.
Utility Deferrals: Visit the Government of Alberta website for information, eligibility requirements and instructions.
The Canada Emergency Student Benefit has CLOSED for Applications.
If you have further questions about any of these supports, please contact FCSS at 403-652-8620 to speak to staff or book an appointment.
This benefit has ended as of October 3, 2020.
- You may qualify to apply retroactively (for August 7-September 27, 2020) through the Canada Revenue Agency only, using the automated toll-free phone line 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041. For more information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency CERB webpage
- You are not eligible for this if you were receiving CERB through EI. Please see Transitioning from CERB to Employment Insurance for applicable information
After you receive your last CERB payment, continue completing reports. In most cases, you do not need to apply for EI benefits. If you do not qualify, you will be notified by mail.
You will need to apply for EI after your CERB ends if:
- You have a SIN that starts with a 9
- You’re self-employed, or
- You declared that you returned to work full-time on your CERB report
The CRB will provide eligible workers with $500 per week (taxable, tax deducted at source) for up to 26 weeks for:
- Those who have stopped working due to COVID-19 and who are not eligible for EI, OR
- Had their employment/self-employment income reduced by at least 50 per cent due to COVID-19
This benefit will be paid in two-week periods and provided through the Canada Revenue Agency.
Applications and further details are available on the Government of Canada website.
The CRCB gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they must care for their child under 12 years old or a family member who needs supervised care. For full information on eligibility, validation and payment, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency.
- If your eligible for the CRCB, your household can receive $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for each one-week period
- If your situation continues past one week, you will need to apply again. You may apply up to a total of 26 weeks between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021
To apply, visit your account on MyCRA or call 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041 with you Social Insurance Number (SIN), postal code, and date of birth.
The CRSB gives income support to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because:
- They’re sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19, or
- Have an underlying health condition that puts them at greater risk of getting COVID-19
If your eligible for the CRSB, you can receive $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for a one-week period.
- If your situation continues past one week, you will need to apply again. You may apply up to a total of two weeks between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021
To apply, visit your account on MyCRA or call 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041 with your Social Insurance Number (SIN), postal code, and date of birth.
For more information about eligibility and applying, please visit the Government of Canada Website.