Filming in Town July 21 to 28 / Noise and Traffic Impacts
by Town of High River
HIGH RIVER – Filming is taking place in the Town of High River from Thursday, July 21 to Thursday, July 28. The filming will have an impact on traffic and parking in downtown High River. On July 27, a riot scene including loud noises and smoke will be filmed. Affected businesses and residents have been notified in writing.
Residents can expect to encounter the following during filming.
- Thursday, July 21 – Macleod Trail and 3rd Ave SW
- No parking and intermittent road closure on 3rd Ave SW between Macleod Trail SW and 1st Street.
- Intermittent road closure on Macleod Trail SW at 3rd Ave Sw.
- Tuesday, July 26 – Macleod Trail and 2nd Ave SW
- No Parking and intermittent road closure on Macleod Trail SW north of 2nd Ave SW
- No Parking on 2nd Ave SW
- Wednesday, July 27 – Macleod Trail and 3rd Ave SW
- 3rd Avenue will be closed between Macleod Trail and 1st Street SW.
- Intermittent closure of Macleod Trail at 3rd Ave.
- Riot scene filming will include, vehicle blockades, loud noises and smoke grenades.
- Thursday, July 28 – 3rd Ave SW
- Controlled parking and intermittent closure of the east half of 3rd Ave SW between 1st Street SW and Macleod Trail.
Follow the Town of High River on Facebook, Instagram and twitter to view maps of the closures and updates on the filming days.
We are proud that High River is a film-friendly community. Thank you for your patience and please drive carefully around film crews, obeying all traffic direction. Thank you to this film production company for giving back to our community during grad week through the purchase of roses and by carefully working around the ceremonies this week.
For more information:
Town of High River