On July 26, 2022 the Town of High River and Westwind Community jointly released the 2022 High River Affordable Housing Needs Assessment Report to the Community. The report encourages local future economic and community development, and to support long term planning to meet community needs.
The consulting firm Resilience Planning was retained by the Town of the High River, Town of Black Diamond, Habitat for Humanity’s Foothills Chapter and Westwinds Communities (WWC) to analyze the need for affordable housing for each of these communities. The report details the current status of affordable housing in High River and projects future needs to 2031.
Information and analysis in the report shows the following for the Town of High River:
- 53% of High River renters struggle to afford their housing
- 49% have seen an increase in their rent since 2006.
- By 2031, High River will need an additional 1,600+ small units (0-1 bedroom), nearly 40 family units (4+ bedroom), 300+ rental units and 300+ diverse non-market housing units.
- Read the full report HERE (link to PDF)
- Read the Media Release and report summary HERE (link to News on the Town website)
- Read the Westwind Community Media Release HERE (link to PDF)