Town Council Information and Meeting Links
Committed to excellence and innovation, High River's Mayor and Council make decisions that sustain our vibrant community, ensure quality services and infrastructure and promote sustainable growth for the Town of High River - now and for generations to come!
Livestreaming of Council meetings has returned! Starting September 26, residents can visit youtube.com/townofhighriver to view live Council meetings. People are also welcome to attend in person at Council Chambers. Click here to view upcoming agendas. Agendas and minutes will be published as usual.
- Meeting Schedule 2023-2024
- Agendas and minutes for Council meetings can be found HERE.
- Attend Council Meetings in person at Town Hall on MacLeod Trail
- Regular meetings are live-streamed; Committee of the Whole Meetings are 'in person' only
- Watch previously live-streamed meetings on the Town's YouTube channel
- Stay tuned to the Town's social media channels for timely updates
Information on Mayor and Council Support and Participation
Would you like to have the Mayor or a Councillor attend your event? Please contact Legislative Services if you have any of the following requests. We are here to help!
- Mayor Messages and Letters of Support
- Proclamation requests
- Flags and Flag Raising Ceremony Requests
- Requests for Mayor and Council Participation
- Certificate of Congratulations
- Request to Speak at a Council Meeting form
- Delegation Request Form
Get to Know Your Town Council
With an array of experience, backgrounds and professional attributes, each member of Council has one thing in common – a passion for High River and for serving its residents. The common vision of maintaining and growing a People-First community in High River is what drives Town Council as they set priorities to guide decision-making. As well as working with the Town on a municipal level, Councillors have many years of collective volunteer experience in High River and surrounding communities.
Meet your Town Council members
- Meet High River's Mayor and Council - portal to Council biographies, Boards and Committees, meeting agendas and minutes, and more.
Deputy Mayor Schedule
|Dates||Deputy Mayor||Acting Deputy Mayor|
|November 1, 2023 - February 29, 2024||Councillor Michael Nychyk||Councillor Jamie Kinghorn|
|March 1, 2024 - June 30, 2024||Councillor Jamie Kinghorn||Councillor Jenny Jones|
|July 1, 2024 - October 31, 2024||Councillor Jenny Jones||Councillor Brenda Walsh|
Coffee with Council
- Visit the Events Calendar to view the schedule.
- Held monthly in various locations.
- Drop in to chat with Mayor and Councillors.
- Bring your concerns or any questions you have
|Monday, November 6, 2023||Lobby of the BSRC: 228 12 Ave SE, High River, AB T1V 1E7||10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|December 2023 - None|
Monday, January 15, 2024
|WorkFresh - 112 4 Ave SW, High River, AB T1V 1R3||10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
- Subscribe to Events and follow the Town's social media for times and locations
2021 Municipal Election Results
Thanks to everyone for voting. It was an incredible voter turnout!
We're here to help, contact us!
309B Macleod Trail S.W., High River, Alberta
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed on statutory holidays)
Media Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the Public Notices!
COVID-19 InformationReport a Concern