Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Regulation (COPTER)
Find out if your community organization qualifies for a property tax exemption.
Did you know there is a program for tax exemptions for community organizations?
- All properties in municipalities are subject to local assessment and taxation.
- Tax exemptions can apply to property owned or used by organizations providing services related to government, education, charity, religion, culture, and historic preservation.
- The Municipal Government Act (pdf) provides some tax exemptions to qualifying properties that reflect social values and accessibility and benefit the public with their use. Government, churches, hospitals, and schools may be eligible for property tax exemption.
Review the guidelines below to determine if your organization qualifies, and then fill out and submit the associated application forms to the Town before September 30, 2022.
- COPTER Guidelines (pdf)
- COPTER Application Forms (pdf)
- COPTER Application Guidelines (pdf)
- COPTER Renewal Form (pdf) for 2023, due September 30, 2022
You are also invited to contact our friendly and helpful Property Taxes and Assessment staff to speak or arrange a meeting:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 403-652-2110 and ask to speak with our Assessment staff
Citizen Self Service & Quick Forms
SIGN UP TODAY! There are so many things we can do online, but remember, we are always here to help.
Town Budgets and Financial Plans
The 2023 Budget aligns with Council's Strategic Priorities and guides the Town's work for the coming year. Council begins its discussions of the 2023 Municipal Budget in January 2023.
Assessment Services are responsible for the classification and valuation of all property within the Town of High River to ensure fair and equitable distribution of taxes in accordance with provincially legislated standards.