Town of High River online services are not affected by the global "Crowdstrike" outage being reported in the news.×
Moving Photo

Moving Information

Moving? Need to connect or disconnect utilities? Your questions are answered here!

All changes to accounts must be requested in writing and cannot be made over the phone. If you require changes to be processed as soon as possible:

Quick links and forms:

The Town of High River DOES NOT invoice renters of properties, as per bylaw #3810/95.

The Town of High River processes invoices for utility services on a bi-monthly basis (every two months). The invoice includes fixed rates for water and sewer service, consumption charges for water and sewer, the storm sewer fee, and waste and recycling services. Water meters are read at the end of February, April, June, August, October, and December of each year. Water and utility bills are mailed the first week of January, March, May, July, September, and November, with payment due ON THE LAST BUSINESS DAY of each of those odd months.

The Town of High River does not offer electricity or natural gas service. Visit UCA Helps, Utilities Consumer Advocate (link), to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving utility-related issues.

How does the Town calculate sewer consumption?

The Town of High River tracks the volume of water delivered to your home and uses that number to calculate the water consumption amount on your utility invoice.

The Town does not have a way to track the water going down the drain, so we use your water consumption to calculate your sewer consumption.

Winter Averaging:

Summer months (May through October) consumption for residential will be calculated using the three previous winter water billings (Nov./Dec., Jan./Feb., Mar./Apr.). If the water consumption in a summer billing period is less than the previous winter average or the flat residential fee (used when there is not one year of continuous water consumption), then the current consumption will be used.

Exemptions for the wastewater rate and fee apply for irrigation meters (no wastewater charge for meters designated as irrigation) and customers who are not connected to the Town wastewater system.

If you have any questions regarding your billing, please call 403-652-2110

We're here to help, contact us!
Icon of a map marker pin

309B Macleod Trail S.W., High River, Alberta

Icon of a clock

Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed on statutory holidays)

Icon of an e-mail 'at' symbol

Icon of an phone


Icon of an phone


Icon of an phone

COVID-19 Information

Icon of an phone

Frequently Requested Bylaws

Report a Concern