Council Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes
Legislative Services Information
Legislative Services is responsible for the preparation of council agendas and minutes. To ensure Council agenda files are small enough to be viewed online, not all backup documentation is included in the file. These documents will be made available upon request. Council agendas and minutes prior to February 29, 2019 that are not online can be obtained by contacting Legislative Services at email@example.com
- Council Meeting Dates from November 2019 – October 2020 are now posted.
- Boards and Committees Information is now updated from November 2019 to October 2020.
- Council Agenda Definitions – Answers to Common Questions
- Why is there a Public Comments item on the agenda? Public Comments allows time for members of the public to speak on any item contained within the agenda. The speaker must be recognized by the Mayor or designate.
- Why does Public Hearing appear on every agenda even when there are no hearings? A Public Hearing is a meeting of Council which is convened on matters in accordance with Section 230 of the Municipal Government Act, or such other matters that Council decides should be the matter of a public hearing. While this item is always on the agenda, notice is provided if a public hearing will occur.
- What does ‘Delegation’ mean and how are they organized? A delegation is when a person or persons act on behalf of themselves or are authorized to act as a representative for another person, persons, group or organization appearing before Council at a meeting to make a request or provide a presentation. Legislative Services requires notice of at least 8 business days from anyone requesting to appear as a delegation to make sure this appears on the agenda.