Council Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes
Watch Council Live
In High River, public safety and accessibility are our priorities. That’s why all council meetings are streamed live so you may watch from the comfort of your home.
To speak to Council during a virtual Council meeting, you must complete the Request to Speak at a Council Meeting form. For in-person public comments, you may identify your desire to speak at the meeting. To ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to speak, presentation time is limited to five minutes.
To watch live streams, select ‘video’ with the corresponding meeting date from the table below. See the Council Meeting Schedule for upcoming meeting dates.
Legislative Services Information
Legislative Services is responsible for the preparation of council agendas and minutes. To ensure Council agenda files are small enough to be viewed online, not all backup documentation is included in the file. These documents will be made available upon request. Council agendas and minutes prior to February 29, 2019 that are not online can be obtained by contacting Legislative Services at email@example.com
- Council Meeting Dates from November 2019 – October 2020 are now posted.
- Boards and Committees Information is now updated from November 2019 to October 2020.
- Council Agenda Definitions – Answers to Common Questions
- Why is there a Public Comments item on the agenda? Public Comments allows time for members of the public to speak on any item contained within the agenda. The speaker must be recognized by the Mayor or designate.
- What does ‘Delegation’ mean and how are they organized? A delegation is when a person or persons act on behalf of themselves or are authorized to act as a representative for another person, persons, group or organization appearing before Council at a meeting to make a request or provide a presentation. Legislative Services requires notice of at least 8 business days from anyone requesting to appear as a delegation to make sure this appears on the agenda.