Gas, Plumbing and Electrical Permits
Schedule all plumbing, gas and electrical inspections with the Town of High River Safety Codes Department.
Fill out the Credit Card Authorization Form to allow the Town to charge your credit card for the purpose of processing permits.
The 2022 Safety Code fees can be found here.
All plumbing, gas and electrical inspections are to be scheduled with the Town of High River Safety Codes Department.
- Gas Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Temporary Gas (Heat) Permit
Applying for Gas, Plumbing & Electrical Permits
All permits must be acquired prior to undertaking any work, and failure to do so may result in an additional fee being assessed. Applicants should also be advised that in cases where the project involves a building permit, the building permit must be acquired before a plumbing, electrical or gas permit will be released.
Electrical Permits are NOT required for:
- Replacing of the receptacles only
Electrical Permits ARE required for:
- Replacing of any wiring and outlets
- Replacing of the electrical panel board and/or circuit breakers
- Notify for an inspection for the electrical rough-in before the walls are covered or when the electrical panel replacement is completed
Gas Permits are NOT required for:
- Replacing of a gas fired appliance if the new appliance is identical to the one that it replaces
- The replacement of a dryer, range, water heater or space heating appliance if:
(i) It is located in a single family residential dwelling
(ii) No design change is required to any gas piping or venting system
Gas Permits ARE required for:
- Any upgrades, installations, alterations or change of type, etc. of the appliance and associated equipment
We're here to help, contact us!
309B Macleod Trail S.W., High River, Alberta
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed on statutory holidays)
403-603-3411 or 403-603-3412
Subscribe to the Public Notices!
Frequently Requested BylawsReport a Concern