Gas, Plumbing and Electrical Permits

Schedule all plumbing, gas and electrical inspections with the Town of High River Safety Codes Department.

Fill out the Credit Card Authorization Form to allow the Town to charge your credit card for the purpose of processing permits.

The 2022 Safety Code fees can be found here.

All plumbing, gas and electrical inspections are to be scheduled with the Town of High River Safety Codes Department.

Applying for Gas, Plumbing & Electrical Permits

All permits must be acquired prior to undertaking any work, and failure to do so may result in an additional fee being assessed. Applicants should also be advised that in cases where the project involves a building permit, the building permit must be acquired before a plumbing, electrical or gas permit will be released.

Electrical Permits are NOT required for:

  • Replacing of the receptacles only

Electrical Permits ARE required for:

  • Replacing of any wiring and outlets
  • Replacing of the electrical panel board and/or circuit breakers
  • Notify for an inspection for the electrical rough-in before the walls are covered or when the electrical panel replacement is completed

Gas Permits are NOT required for:

  • Replacing of a gas fired appliance if the new appliance is identical to the one that it replaces
  • The replacement of a dryer, range, water heater or space heating appliance if:
    (i) It is located in a single family residential dwelling
    (ii) No design change is required to any gas piping or venting system

Gas Permits ARE required for:

  • Any upgrades, installations, alterations or change of type, etc. of the appliance and associated equipment

We're here to help, contact us!
Icon of a map marker pin

309B Macleod Trail S.W., High River, Alberta

Icon of a clock

Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed on statutory holidays)

Icon of an e-mail 'at' symbol

Icon of an phone

403-603-3411 or 403-603-3412

Icon of an phone


Icon of an phone

COVID-19 Information

Icon of an phone

Frequently Requested Bylaws

Report a Concern