Sign up or change pre-authorized payments
Please complete the following form if you wish to sign up for pre-authorized Utility Account payments
Review the terms and conditions and banking information sections below before completing the form:
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
- Utility payments are withdrawn from the Payor's bank account bi-monthly (every 2 months) on the last working day of the month (i.e. March, May, July, Sept. Etc.).
- Any payments that are dishonoured by the Payor's financial institution for any reason will include a service charge, as per our Rate Bylaw.
- You will be removed from the TIPP's program and your tax account may be charged fees (in accordance with the current rate by law) if the account is not brought current when:
- A defaulted payment is not made up before the 10th of the following month
- Any charges, fees or amounts transferred to the tax account remain outstanding after the 10th of the following mouth (i.e. unpaid amounts transferred from a utility account or accounts receivable account. related to the property) and
- The Town is made aware of an ownership change.
- It is the responsibility of the Payor to notify the Tax Utility Department upon sale, cancellation, change of address and or change of bank account, no less than 10 business days before the withdrawal date.
Tax Specific Conditions
- The Tax payments are withdrawn on the 15th day of every month (or the first business day following).
- Monthly payments from January through June will be adjusted to one twelfth of the prrevious years tax levy. Monthly payments from July through December will automatically be adjusted in accordance with any increase decrease in the municipal tax rate as indicated on the property tax bill sent out in May. If signing up after the January payment, all prior month(s) payments must be paid at the time of sign up in order to keep the account current and in good standing.
How to submit banking information
Using the Sample Cheque pictured below, match the numbers on the image to the descriptive text above the picture to make sure you’re submitting the correct information from your cheque.
A This is the cheque number (do not enter this number).
B This is the transit/branch number (5 digit number).
C This is the institution number (3 digit number).
D This is the account number. Please include any zero’s (0) that precede the numbers.
We're here to help, contact us!
309B Macleod Trail S.W., High River, Alberta
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed on statutory holidays)
Subscribe to the Town Crier!
Frequently Requested BylawsReport a Concern