Visitor Resources & Links
We love visitors and are happy to make sure you have a great visit to our town. Here are links to help you get started and plan your visit
Some great places to start!
- Explore Famous People & Famous Places in High River (brochure)
- Experience High River Events and Attractions (brochure)
- Historic Walking Murals Tour (brochure)
- High River Alberta "Neighbourhood Guide" (Parkbench.com)
Check out the Visitor Centre
- Monday to Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon to 4 p.m.
- 406 1st Street S.W.
- (403) 652.7156
The High River Visitor Information Centre (VIC) is located at the Museum of the Highwood near near downtown.
Friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to help visitors plan their trip, make reservations for accommodation and provide up to the minute advice on what to do in the area.
While you visit, take in the museum’s exhibits and learn about the fascinating history of High River and area.
The museum is centrally located in High River’s downtown at 406 1 Street S.W. and is open Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday from 12 to 4 p.m.
High River's electric vehicle charging stations
The Town of High River is known for its mission statement of ‘doing it better, being innovative and daring to be different’ – and as such, the town is part of an Alberta network of electrical vehicle charging stations, helping to reduce pollution and protect the environment.
Charging stations are free to use and located at:
- Downtown Public parking lot – S.E. corner of 3 Avenue and 1 Street S.W.
- Peavey Mart – 1500 12 Avenue S.E.
- The Provincial Building – 129 4 Avenue S.W.
Learn more by watching our YouTube Video.