Legislative & Advisory Services
Legislative & Advisory Services supports Administration and Council, coordinating Council meetings, opportunities for public participation and compliance with Alberta's Municipal Government Act.
High River's Legislative & Advisory Services Team has a thorough working knowledge of the legislative, legal, and corporate responsibilities in Alberta local government legislation.
Legislative & Advisory Services are provided to Administration, Council and the Community in the following areas:
- Delegation Requests. View the Delegation Request Form *Note, Council has returned to in-person meetings. Meetings are not live-streamed at the moment due to technical difficulties.
- Ensure Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act compliance. Find out more informaiton about the FOIP process
- Arrange support to Council, Boards and Committees
- Facilitate Council meetings, agendas and minutes including live broadcasts of Council meetings
- Ensure opportunities for public participation through public hearings and public notices
- Facilitate community engagement and outreach on behalf of Council and Administration
- Oversee the municipal elections process
- Assist with the development of bylaws, policies and procedures
- Coordinate community recognition and requests for Mayor and Council participation or support
- Keeping residents informed through Public Notices and Notice of Bylaws
- Corporate Properties and Risk Management
You can view all of the Town of High River's Bylaws, Policies and Procedures. In addition, you can view our 2019 Municipal Census Information.