Connecting With Town Council This Fall
by Town of High River
HIGH RIVER – With the end of summer, High River’s Town Council is returning to its regular meeting schedule of the second and fourth Monday of the month starting at 3 p.m. Council’s next meeting is on Sept. 12.
While High River’s Town Council follows standard parliamentary procedures, as outlined in the Municipal Government Act, in running Council meetings, dialogue and public participation is important to Council. Foremost among the ways that the public can get involved in their Council meetings are Public Comments, Public Hearings, and Delegations. These provide different opportunities for members of the public to address council.
- On every agenda; a chance to be heard by Council in a public forum.
- Council invites comments from people to provide short comments or statements to Council for consideration.
- No expectation of a dialogue but Council may ask questions or seek more information.
- A project specific meeting where participants are invited to speak to the project or issue.
- A request form is required for delegation;
- based on the information in the form, a decision is made to determine approving the delegation for an upcoming council meeting.
- Delegations present information only, Council listens and accepts the information onto the public record.
- Information should be relevant to the Town and to Council.
- No expectation / guarantee there will be any outcome from presentation or comments - Council may respond by seeking more information or recommending a course of action.
Other ways of connecting with Council this fall include coming to Coffee with Council events, write to Council, and participate in other engagement opportunities.
Visit the Town of High River website at HighRiver.ca/council/legislative-advisory-services for more information.
For more information:
Town of High River