Canada Day Facility Closures, Garbage Pick-up, Festivities and Fireworks
by Town of High River
HIGH RIVER – Town of High River facilities will be closed on Friday, July 1 for Canada Day. July 1st Garbage Collection will be picked up on Thursday, June 30. Enjoy a safe and happy Canada Day with festivities at George Lane Park from 10 am – 2 pm, followed by more fun and fireworks at Emerson Lake from 9 – 11 pm. Please drive carefully and note some road closures in these areas.
Facility Closures Include:
- Town Hall
- Family and Community Support Services
- Greater Foothills Family Centre
- Public Works Administration Building
- Recycling Centre
- Bob Snodgrass Recreation Complex
- High River RCMP Administration Office.
Emergency Services are not affected by the statutory holiday closures. For all emergencies dial 9-1-1.
Garbage Collection Schedule Change – July 1:
- Friday Garbage Pickup July 1 will be picked up on June 30.
- As always, place bins out by 7 am please.
- The Recycle Centre will also be closed on Friday July 1, 2022.
Canada Day Festivities and Fireworks:
- Free family activities at George Lane Park between 10 am and 2 pm! Stage bands, Car Show, Market and Kid Zones.
- Note roads will be closed within the park. No sanitation dumping during these hours.
- Emerson Lake – 9 – 11 pm - Glow Party, and fireworks at approximately 10:45 pm.
- Note Road Closures (9th St SE, 9th Ave SE between 9th St. SE and 12th ST SE). Park early, it will be busy.
- Staff will be located at road barriers to assist those wishing to drop off those who can't walk the distance or require handicap parking.
Happy Canada Day, High River!
For more information please contact:
Town of High River
To subscribe news and events postings from the Town of High River, click here and complete the ‘Subscribe Today’ online form. Receive news and event alerts straight to your inbox.