Time to Renew Annual Dog, Chicken and Bee Licenses
by Town of High River
HIGH RIVER, AB – Dog, chicken and bee owners must renew annual Town of High River licenses by January 31, 2024.
Licenses can be renewed online or at Town Hall. To renew online, login to the Town’s Citizen Self Service portal. If this is your first dog, chicken or bee license, visit Town Hall to file a license application in person.
The Town's 2019 Animal Bylaw covers requirements for owning dogs, chickens, or bees in High River. Here are some highlights from the bylaw:
- License must be obtained on the first day the municipal office is open and after becoming an owner of the dog or once the dog is three months old
- Dog Licenses must be renewed annually
- Service dogs must be licensed in accordance with the bylaw. However, licensing fees for service dogs shall be waived
Chicken and Bee Licenses
- License must be obtained at any time of the year prior to acquiring the chickens or bees
- Chicken and bee licenses must be renewed annually
- Each chicken owner must take urban chicken husbandry training or equivalent to be approved for a license
- Each beekeeper must complete a beekeeping course from an accepted organization or association to be approved for a license
If you require assistance to renew or purchase a license or have any other questions about the Animal Bylaw, our Customer Care team can help.
- 30 -
For more information:
Town of High River