Town Plan Update and Neighbourhood Pop-Ups
by Town of High River
HIGH RIVER, AB: The first phase of official community engagement for the Town Plan will run from May 9 – 20. Thank you to those who took part in drop-in sessions at the beginning of April and those who continue to provide additional comments online; feedback from residents is crucial to the town-planning process.
The Town Plan project team will be visiting schools and senior centres in the coming weeks. The team will also be visiting neighbourhoods across Town, setting up pop-ups and inviting residents to come and share ideas about the future of High River.
Neighbourhood pop-ups will take place from 4 – 6 pm at five locations across Town. Residents may attend any events at the following locations:
- Tuesday, May 10: Hampton Hills and Country Residential Properties at Hampton Hills Playground
- Thursday, May 12: SW at George Lane Memorial Park
- Monday, May 16: SE at Sunshine Lake
- Wednesday, May 18: NW at High River Spray Park
- Thursday, May 19: Montrose Pergola, South of the traffic circle (cancelled due to inclement weather conditions)
In addition, the project team will also be hosting drop-in sessions to chat with residents and gather comments at the following events:
During the pop-up sessions, the project team will ask residents to share thoughts about the following:
- Business, community, and economic development
- The natural environment, open spaces, and recreation areas
- Future growth and what you want High River to look like in 2042
- Cultural and heritage preservation
- Transportation and how we get around
- Things you like most about High River and things you want to see changed in the future
- Infrastructure and what supports our basic needs
- Challenges or opportunities that you see for the Town over the next 20 years
Other information is welcome to this meaningful conversation. The Town Plan Task Force will review the feedback received to shape the new plan and vision, making sure they reflect the community’s needs.
Visit the project website to share information, and view the growing list of ideas on the Town of High River map.
Stay involved through the summer to help build on this vision to create High River’s road map to 2042.